7/20/2015

Mommy lessons


I want to make a list of what I have learned from being a mommy (remember - I'm only 5 weeks in).
  • It's okay for the house to be dirty.
  • It's okay for babies to cry.
  • PATIENCE.
  • Napping when baby naps is ideal.
  • The nipple shield is pretty cool and can help a ton!
  • The swaddle puts baby to sleep.
  • Put your expectations really really really low, then everything your husband does is really awesome. (Kent is great, and I expect too much from him sometimes).
  • It's okay to feel sad and cry. (p.s. I had some baby blues but I can tell they are gone now).
  • COMMUNICATE with your husband when you have stuff on your mind (which is all the time for me). We like to sit in bed and chat before we go to bed - it's really helped through these first few weeks.
  • Taking 5 minutes a day to close your eyes and breathe will help you clear your mind and be a good mommy.
That's all I can think of, and I need to do some other things before he wakes up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment