4/04/2015

28 weeks

Might as well do a prego update while I'm blogging!



How far along: 28 weeks & 4 days
Baby Size: A COCONUT (I can never really understand those fruit sizes. Last week he was as big as a head of cauliflower - isn't that bigger than a coconut? I'm lost). 
Due Date: June 23, 2015
Total weight gain: 10 lbs. 
Maternity Clothes: I wear probably the same two shirts every single week and this one pair of pants every day. Did I just confess that?
Stretch Marks: Not on my belly but my legs have them!
Sleep: I sleep on my sides with a pillow by my back and between my legs. It's getting harder to turn from side to side in the night. 
Best moments: When he moves and it's part cool / part creepy
Movement: All the time! 
Food Cravings: Well now that I'm "diabetic" I love grilled chicken, cottage cheese and peaches. No more multiple bowls of cereal a day. I'm down to two a week - and just for snacks, so very small portions :(
Wedding ring on or off: On 
Happy or Moody: Pretty happy, but every so often I get very emotional.

Looking Forward to: I'll tell you I'm not looking forward to: birth. I know it will be wonderful and amazing but it's crazy how I have to actually get the baby out of my body. 


Last night I had a dream that I gave birth to our baby boy. I had to run to the car to grab my checkbook to pay the doctor and I came back to the baby strapped into his carseat, Kent, Kent's cousins & Aunts and Tim Rarick. Kent told me, "We named the baby while you were gone! His name is Matthew David Buys." Kent knows how I don't want that kind of first name, but I just went along with it and then looked at our baby and he had a beard & unibrow! I just kept saying, "Okay.... Okay.... Okay" trying to accept reality. We brought "Matthew David Buys" home and I start crying. "Why didn't I get a say in the name??" I woke up stressed, realized I was still pregnant and told Kent the dream. We laughed!


Baby's Corner of the Living room!

2 comments: