8/17/2015

milk for baby


Breastfeeding. Sometimes I want to punch it in the boob.

Am I the only one that thinks it takes wayyy too much time, makes you sweat like you're in the desert, and is kind of very uncomfortable (especially in public)? I'm all for ladies feeding their little ones wherever they are, but it's just not for me. I'd rather be at home naked with the AC all the way up and no one to bother me while feeding my child.

We made it to 2 months of mostly breast feeding/breast milk (pumping) with formula supplemented here and there (mostly on trips). But right now I'm low on supply and I just can't seem to find the energy or will to bring it back up. A month into this already painful journey I got mastitis and it was miserable! I'm kind of on the fence on whether or not I should keep going or stop cold turkey. My decision at this moment is to keep pumping when they hurt or when I can (which is about every 4 hours), and feed him formula when I don't have enough (which is all day errrday). I literally pump barely an ounce each time combining the two (so pathetic! I used to pump 4 ounces out of one!).

What makes me so happy about this dumb situation is the support I've been getting from Kent. He's happy I was able to make it this far and if it's too much for me now, he told me I should stop. But... if I stop, I can't get it back (without a lot of work). It feels like I'd be loosing part of me and this wonderful thing for Milo. But I know I'd be able to worry less and spend more time with Milo and Kent (because of pumping and nursing takes a million hours each time and he's never full).

 The doctor told me, "As long as he's gaining weight, I don't care what he eats." For some reason that gave me comfort with this whole stressful situation. Whatever happens, I know Milo will be fine and a happy, healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment